Day 5: Whole30 Dates Wrapped in Bacon
It can’t be whole30 without dates. I tried to resist buying them because of the high sugar content but I couldn’t resist. I stuffed these dates with walnuts for an added crunch and texture and topped it off with a slice of jalapeño for some heat. It was sweet, crunchy, smoky, and spicy in one bite.
It’s day 5 of whole30 and I made it. I’m seriously going to hide under the covers tomorrow because I feel exhausted. My body is starting to get used to the diet but the sugar withdrawal just hit me on day 3. Starting anew diet is never easy. It truly is a lifestyle change and if we return to our old eating habits again, we’ll gain it all back and then some.
The first time I did whole30, I felt like crap the first week and I wanted to quit but I stuck it out and lost 7 lbs. I even kept it off for awhile even after my 7 day Alaskan cruise for my dad’s 75th birthday. There it was too easy to gain weight with all the all you can eat buffet 24/7.
I’m glad I am doing whole30 and I’m so happy that I have the support of my friend, Steph as well as the Facebook group that I belong to. Starting something new is always hard and committing to it for a certain time is even harder. I’ve started diets only to quit the next day. This is why I’m blogging about my my experience because I can share my experience with others and that I’m not alone in this crazy madness.
I have been bad about working out this week so priority numbero uno will be to workout and then take a long afternoon nap like I always do but this time, it’ll be much longer. I might do zumba or do barre. I
- 24 dates, pitted
- 24 walnuts
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 2-3 jalapeños, thinly slices, seeds removed (optional)
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Cut a slit dates half and remove the pitt from the dates and discard
- Stuff each date with a walnut
- Wrap the dates with the bacon and place the on the bottom of them pan with the seams down or use a toothpick to close it so it doesn't unwrap
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until bacon is brown and crispy
- Place a slice of jalapeño on top (optional)