Whole 30 Day 21 – Kale Chips are so easy to make it’s embarrassing to buy them at the store. Whoever invented them is a genius and rich. Why didn’t I think of it first. These kale are crispy and bitter in a delicious kind of way. I bet you can’t eat just one.
I’m counting the days, 9 days to be exact when I can have a drink again. I love drinking wine at the end of my day especially after the long commute home. I do admit, whole30 has brought my passion for cooking again and I’m excited to develop more recipes.
I went up to visit my friends in Emeryville to drop off gifts for their daughter. I haven’t seen her since for a few months now and she is getting big. The next time I see her, she’ll be walking and talking. Babies grow up so fast.
When I was at her condo, she had a huge collection of cookbook from kimchi making to bread making. I’m so inspired to cook again. I just wanted to open those book and get lost in them page by page. When I got home from her house, I went to Amazon and browsed through the cookbook section and ordered the Flavor Bible and the Food and Wine pairing book. I cannot wait to read them and cook away this year.
- a bunch of kale
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of garlic powder
- a sprinkle of red chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit
- Remove the leaves from the steam using a knife or kitchen scissors
- Cut the leaves in bite size pieces
- In a large bow, add 2 tbs of EVOO on the bottle of the bowl
- Add leaves and toss to coat the leaves evenly
- Sprinkle on salt and toss the leaves to coat, then sprinkle on garlic powder and toss
- Sprinkle on red chili and toss
- Spread the leaves evenly on a sheet pan
- Cook for 30 minutes int he middle rack