Whole 30 Day 19 – I’m super excited that I made it past the halfway point. I can see the finish line and I cannot wait to see what the scale reveals. I am aiming for 10 lbs but will settle for 5 lbs. I would be really sad if I don’t lose any weight because I’ve followed the rules. Surprisingly, I didn’t cheat at all since I’m notorious for starting a diet and ending the same day.
My commute to San Francisco is long and I’m fortunate to be able to work from home. I love just waking up in the morning and turn on my laptop in the comfort of my home. I like the feel of the energy in the office but I get more work done at home but I don’t think I can do this daily as I really need people around me.
Working from home also means being lazy when it comes to working out since I’m already at home. I don’t have a desire to change in my workout clothes and drive to the gym. I really need to step up my game. I’ve only been to the gym 2 times this workweek and I should really go at least 4 times. Its an aggressive goal but I really want to be strong and lose weight.
For dinner, I wanted to make something fun again since the skies cleared up from the rain. I’m surprised to see bell peppers at the grocery store and I had to have them. Red bell peppers are one of my favorite vegetables. They are sweet and crispy on salads and stuffing them are so much fun.
I usually stuff my peppers with rice, ground beef, and cheese but since I cannot have grains and dairy I used zucchini, tomatoes, and ground beef. I didn’t miss the grains or cheese at all and I like this version better with more beef.
- 2 tbs of coconut oil or EVOO
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 jalapeño, ends cut, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halves
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant
- Add the ground beef and cook until the meat turns brown
- Sprinkle the chili powder and paprika, and stir well
- Add the chopped jalapeño and cook until tender yet firm
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir until tender
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Set the stuffing aside and let cool
- Cut the bell peppers in half and place on a baking baking sheet
- Fill the peppers with the filling to the top
- Place the peppers in a 350 degree oven, and cook for 45 minutes