Day 10 – Whole30 Chicken Cacciatore – This is one of my favorite dishes from the book because it’s just damn delicious. It’s full of mediterranean flavors of tomatoes, capers, and basil.
It’s hump day! Wednesdays are always good because it’s closer towards the weekend and I’m excited to get a facial and relaxation. I’m still sore from my Monday’s barre class and snoozed in as long as I can this morning. My abs, arms, and legs are like jello, wobbly when I stand up and make sudden movements. The bed felt nice with the sound of the rain and I can sleep all day long.
I’m loving the whole30. I have a lot more energy and I’m making better food choices. Today’s lunch was salad with fennel, chicken cutlet, salmon, and pretzel with cheese sauce. I’m not a picky eater so I would have taken both the chicken and salmon but today, I filled my entire plate with salad and got 2 pieces of salmon. I really wanted the pretzel with cheese sauce but I skipped it. I do miss bread and cheese though but I must not cheat. I really want to complete whole30. 20 more days to go.
After work, I went to barre class. I almost didn’t make it because there was a conflict in the train and the train stopped for 20 minutes trying to resolve it. I was 2 stops away from the studio and I was afraid I wasn’t going to make it. I’m glad it wasn’t anything serious like a health emergency. I made it with 10 minutes to spare. I quickly changed and got the ball, stretch band, and 2 lbs. weight.
The workout was intense as usual and I am exhausted. I made Chicken Cacciatore in under 30 minutes using my instapot. I love my instapot and you should invest in one if you don’t have one.
- Whole30 Chicken Cacciatore
- Author: Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 55 mins
- 1 tbs tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb of chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs of capers
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 3 tbs of fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Heat 2 tbs of EVOO over medium high heat
- Add 1 tbs of ghee and let it melt
- Add the chicken skin side down and cook until golden brown for approximately 3-5 mins and flip until golden brown. Set aside
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic, and sauté until translucent, approximately 5 min
- Add the capers, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and chicken stock
- Place the chicken in the sauce, cover, and set your instapot to 12 minutes
- Garnish with fresh basil